The Family

The Family

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Today, Mikayla, Ryan, Jana, Samantha & Nicole all went to the Purity Conference. It started at 10 and ended at 6. The 1st half of the day was guest speakers that talked to the teens about sex before marriage. Mikayla said that the talks were "weird" and uncomfortable that in the end she said she was glad she went. We had a good talk about it afterwards. Also, they had a fashion show, strength training, Rock Band on a HUGE screen for the kids to play & at the end Christian recording artist Josh Rosenthal. WOW he was amazing. Mikayla LOVED him. She said that he is her new favorite singer. I ended up buying both of his cd's. It was a great experience & I am so blessed that these girls were apart of it. The church that puts this on tries to do it every year. So you can bet she will be there next year. At first I thought she might be too young to listen to this but, I see it as a great learning experience that she will always remember. Go to myspace.com/joshrosenthal to hear this amazing singer. It was a busy day but in the end it was worthwhile.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Glad Mikayla had a great day and hey it's never too early to talk about "life" Can't say sex on here can I? Oopsie I just did!!!
I bet she is looking forward to next year too. It's a neat thing to have for kids and a great learning experience.