The Family

The Family

Saturday, September 20, 2008

St Lukes Women's Fitness Celebration











We survived the big storm. We thought it would let up on the rain but oh no it did not. It was a down pour the entire 3 miles. We had to stand in the rain a good hour before the race even started. But we did great. Mikayla & Marissa's first 5k that they ran & made it in 52 minutes! Proud of them. Despite the extremely heavy shirt due to the rain, wet tennis & bone chilling breeze it was fantastic. My time was 31 minutes & I ran it all. Very excited about that one. Tammy was right behind me she did not check her time but I know it was under 8 minutes behind me! :) It was definitely a time to remember. We had a blast the pictures are before when we are dry & after when we all look like drowned rats. Luckily the girls had extra clothes in the car & got to change their shirts before hitting the mall for the new Brisinger book & Mikayla got a zip up hoodie of Twilight! :) Lots of fun today but I am exhausted & just stood in the hot hot shower to try & get warm. We haven't had rain all summer & it came down like crazy. That is okay it did not stop our fun & we so needed it. Can't wait till next year for the next Women's Fitness race. Hopefully it will be a little bit less on the rain. My next big run is Nov. 1st. My last 1/2 marathon for the year. Can't wait. Then it will be training for Robie Creek again! Until later!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Sherry said...

Great job on your run to all of you!! You didn't even feel bad leaving everyone in the dust did ya?? :)
Hope you are all dry now and hopefully no colds will result from the soggy run.
Great pictures!!!

Teila said...

Hey you guys! I went to that too! I thought it was really cool and it was my first time so I didn't really expect THAT many people to be there!

Ron and Debbie said...

Great Job!!! I thought of you when we woke up to the wonderful weather! I am glad you had fun though!!!

Me said...

Your moma sent me here. It sounds like you had a lot of fun. I love the pics.

marissa:) said...

That was way fun, even though it was freezing!!!!